Corporate Venture Capital
Asahi Kasei Pharma Venture Capital is an evergreen strategic venture fund investing internationally in biopharmaceutical companies. Since the fund was formed in 2018, we have made investments in transformational scientific opportunities aligned with our core R&D interest. Our goal is to provide capital and insight into accelerating the discovery and development of breakthrough science to improve the lives of patients and their families.
As a strategic fund, Asahi Kasei Pharma VC invests directly in private early-stage biotech, primary focusing on the development of innovative therapeutics and platforms that are of strategic interest to Asahi Kasei Pharma.
Current core areas of strategic interest are included below:
- Rare diseases
- Serious diseases treated in hospitals
- Immunology and Inflammation
- Neurodegenerative and Musculoskeletal disease
Platform Technology for
- Small molecule RNA platform
- Gene & Cell therapies
- Delivery systems of novel therapeutics across the blood brain barrier
We cover primarily North America and Europe, and other areas including Israel and Asia/Pacific. Our initial investment size will be up to several million, depending on the opportunity.
- Glycomine is developing a novel replacement therapy for Phosphomannomutase-2 Deficiency.
- Pulmocide is developing a novel triazole antifungal agent that is specifically designed for delivery via inhalation to treat Invasive Pulmonary Aspergillosis.
- Allievex is developing a novel replacement therapy for Mucopolysaccharidosis Type 3B.
Our belief is that Asahi Kasei Pharma can supply more than capital. We offer the advice of a sophisticated pharmaceutical company but with the flexibility and speed of a smaller organization. Asahi Kasei Pharma also has an Open Innovation Center able to collaborate on early proof of concept experiments and projects with emerging companies.
USA: Boston Office - 271 Mill Road, Chelmsford, MA 01824
Japan: Tokyo Office - 1-1-2 Yurakucho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-8440