Pharmaceutical research at Asahi Kasei Pharma is centered at our pharmaceutical research complex in Shizuoka, Japan.
Our Pharmaceutical Research Center comprises seven functional areas that manage and conduct research activities ranging from the development of basic drug discovery techniques to drug discovery and drug fostering.
Organization of Pharmaceutical Research Center
- Laboratory for Drug Discovery
Basic drug discovery and screening
- Laboratory for Pharmacology — Musculoskeletal Disorders
- Laboratory for Pharmacology — Pain Management, Critical Care, and Urology
- Laboratory for Medicinal Chemistry
Compound synthesis and manufacturing processes
- Laboratory for Safety Assessment & ADME
Drug safety and pharmacokinetic evaluation (absorption, distribution, metabolism, and excretion)
- Laboratory for Chemistry, Manufacturing and Controls
Formulation research and production, and active pharmaceutical ingredient/drug quality assessment
- Research Coordination
Project management and support